There are certain steps you should take in order to accomplish perfect results every time:
- Evenly line up or dress the substrate on the lower platen.
- Perform a pre-press on garments or cloth substrates to release moisture and decrease wrinkles.
- Place the transfer face down on the substrate and double check that it is facing the correct way, so your graphic doesn’t turn out upside-down or backwards.
- Re-check your settings for time, temperature, and pressure.
- Re-check your transfers to know if you’re peeling hot, warm, or cold.
With the proper due diligence and planning when setting up each new job, you can maintain a record of perfection! Remember to always perform testing when you use a new type of transfer, a new substrate, or when you purchase a new heat press machine.